Amit Shah threatening witnesses from inside jail: Tulsi to HC
Ahmedabad: Former state minister Amit Shah
does not deserve bail in the Sohrabuddin Sheikh fake encounter
case, as despite being in jail he is threatening witnesses
from inside, CBI counsel K T S Tulsi told the Gujarat High
Court on Tuesday.
While opposing the bail plea of the former Minister of
State for Home in the court of Justice R H Shukla, Tulsi said
that Shah was cocking snook at the law as the entire state
machinery was at his beck and call.
"Shah is dangerous even inside the jail as being a
(former) Minister of State for Home, he thinks that he has
become so powerful that he can neutralise the Supreme Court,"
"If bail is granted to Shah there will be no hope of
justice for the victims. Shah does not deserve bail," he said.
Further hearing of Shah`s bail will continue tomorrow.
Enumerating the reasons for not granting bail to Shah,
Tulsi submitted that the former minister was part of the
conspiracy to kill Sohrabuddin, Kausarbi and Tulsiram
Prajapati from the very beginning.
Shah was head of the extortion syndicate, consisting of
Sohrabuddin as one of the collaborators, with several police
officers as its members, Tulsi said.
He said that CBI has evidence to prove that Rajasthan
police was aware of activities of Sohrabuddin, prior to the
murder of gangster Hamid Lala, who used to collect protection
money from the marble lobby in Rajasthan, he added.
Another such evidence is the video recording of the
meeting between two accused Yashpal Chudasama and Ajay Patel
with two witnesses in the case, builders Raman Patel and
his brother Dashrat Patel at the city-based Rifle Club.
In this audio-video footage accused have been caught
trying to influence the witnesses and allegedly directing them
how they should depose before the CBI.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city