Amit Shah threatening witnesses from inside jail: Tulsi to HC
Ahmedabad: Former state minister Amit Shah
does not deserve bail in the Sohrabuddin Sheikh fake encounter
case, as despite being in jail he is threatening witnesses
from inside, CBI counsel K T S Tulsi told the Gujarat High
Court on Tuesday.
While opposing the bail plea of the former Minister of
State for Home in the court of Justice R H Shukla, Tulsi said
that Shah was cocking snook at the law as the entire state
machinery was at his beck and call.
"Shah is dangerous even inside the jail as being a
(former) Minister of State for Home, he thinks that he has
become so powerful that he can neutralise the Supreme Court,"
"If bail is granted to Shah there will be no hope of
justice for the victims. Shah does not deserve bail," he said.
Further hearing of Shah`s bail will continue tomorrow.
Enumerating the reasons for not granting bail to Shah,
Tulsi submitted that the former minister was part of the
conspiracy to kill Sohrabuddin, Kausarbi and Tulsiram
Prajapati from the very beginning.
Shah was head of the extortion syndicate, consisting of
Sohrabuddin as one of the collaborators, with several police
officers as its members, Tulsi said.
He said that CBI has evidence to prove that Rajasthan
police was aware of activities of Sohrabuddin, prior to the
murder of gangster Hamid Lala, who used to collect protection
money from the marble lobby in Rajasthan, he added.
Another such evidence is the video recording of the
meeting between two accused Yashpal Chudasama and Ajay Patel
with two witnesses in the case, builders Raman Patel and
his brother Dashrat Patel at the city-based Rifle Club.
In this audio-video footage accused have been caught
trying to influence the witnesses and allegedly directing them
how they should depose before the CBI.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says