Amit Shah was head of an extortion syndicate: CBI
New Delhi: The CBI on Tuesday alleged that
former Gujarat minister Amit Shah was heading an extortion
syndicate culminating in the fake encounter killing of
Appearing before a bench of justices Aftab Alam and
Ranjana Prakash Desai, additional solicitor general Vivek
Tankha, cited statements recorded before the judicial
magistrate and disclosure statements by various witnesses who
had accused Shah of running an extortion racket.
He cited the purported statements of several real estate
owners and businessmen who had testified that the former
minister of state for home had let loose a reign of terror by
engaging top police officials like DG Vanzara to extort money
by threatening to kill them in fake encounters.
Tankha alleged that Tulsiram Prajapati, one of the
witnesses, was eliminated by Gujarat Police as he knew about
the killing of Sohrabuddin and his wife Kauser Bi in November
The CBI had earlier filed an application for cancellation
of Shah`s bail on the ground that he has considerable clout to
intimidate witnesses. The agency had filed the cancellation
application after the Gujarat High Court had in October last
year granted him bail.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'