Ammonia gas leakage in Gujarat factory, workers feared trapped
Mehsana: Seven persons were feared trapped inside a cold storage factory in which ammonia gas leaked on Saturday at Ranasan GIDC in Vijapur taluka here, a fire department official said.
"Seven persons working in a potato cold storage factory are trapped inside following an ammonia gas leakage," a fire department official told a news agency.
"The gas leakage is massive. We are cutting the roof and destroying the side wall to enter into the storage facility to rescue the workers," the official said.
Three teams of fire brigade from Mansa, Mehsana and Vijapur, along with a team from ONGC, and police are involved in rescue operations.
Mehsana, in North Gujarat, is 75 kms from Ahmedabad.
Further details are awaited, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees