Ammonia gas leakage in Gujarat factory, workers feared trapped
Mehsana: Seven persons were feared trapped inside a cold storage factory in which ammonia gas leaked on Saturday at Ranasan GIDC in Vijapur taluka here, a fire department official said.
"Seven persons working in a potato cold storage factory are trapped inside following an ammonia gas leakage," a fire department official told a news agency.
"The gas leakage is massive. We are cutting the roof and destroying the side wall to enter into the storage facility to rescue the workers," the official said.
Three teams of fire brigade from Mansa, Mehsana and Vijapur, along with a team from ONGC, and police are involved in rescue operations.
Mehsana, in North Gujarat, is 75 kms from Ahmedabad.
Further details are awaited, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman