Ammonia gas leakage in Gujarat factory, workers feared trapped
Mehsana: Seven persons were feared trapped inside a cold storage factory in which ammonia gas leaked on Saturday at Ranasan GIDC in Vijapur taluka here, a fire department official said.
"Seven persons working in a potato cold storage factory are trapped inside following an ammonia gas leakage," a fire department official told a news agency.
"The gas leakage is massive. We are cutting the roof and destroying the side wall to enter into the storage facility to rescue the workers," the official said.
Three teams of fire brigade from Mansa, Mehsana and Vijapur, along with a team from ONGC, and police are involved in rescue operations.
Mehsana, in North Gujarat, is 75 kms from Ahmedabad.
Further details are awaited, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- RAW footage Caution: Speeding train runs over man as he lay on rail track – WATCH
- Ravichandran Ashwin, Shikhar Dhawan, Bhuvneshwar Kumar visit three-time NBA champions Miami Heat
- Tripura CM Manik Sarkar appeals to people to maintain peace, harmony
- SC rejects review petition of Telangana for division of assets
- VIDEO! Lionel Messi wins UEFA 'Goal of the Season' award for scoring this beauty