Ammonia gas leakage in Gujarat factory, workers feared trapped
Mehsana: Seven persons were feared trapped inside a cold storage factory in which ammonia gas leaked on Saturday at Ranasan GIDC in Vijapur taluka here, a fire department official said.
"Seven persons working in a potato cold storage factory are trapped inside following an ammonia gas leakage," a fire department official told a news agency.
"The gas leakage is massive. We are cutting the roof and destroying the side wall to enter into the storage facility to rescue the workers," the official said.
Three teams of fire brigade from Mansa, Mehsana and Vijapur, along with a team from ONGC, and police are involved in rescue operations.
Mehsana, in North Gujarat, is 75 kms from Ahmedabad.
Further details are awaited, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach