Ammonia gas leakage in Gujarat factory, workers feared trapped
Mehsana: Seven persons were feared trapped inside a cold storage factory in which ammonia gas leaked on Saturday at Ranasan GIDC in Vijapur taluka here, a fire department official said.
"Seven persons working in a potato cold storage factory are trapped inside following an ammonia gas leakage," a fire department official told a news agency.
"The gas leakage is massive. We are cutting the roof and destroying the side wall to enter into the storage facility to rescue the workers," the official said.
Three teams of fire brigade from Mansa, Mehsana and Vijapur, along with a team from ONGC, and police are involved in rescue operations.
Mehsana, in North Gujarat, is 75 kms from Ahmedabad.
Further details are awaited, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference