Anandiben Patel urges people to help govt for malnutrition-free Gujarat
Ahmedabad: Gujarat Chief Minister Anandiben Patel today called for people`s participation in the mission to make the state malnutrition-free.
"To fulfil the dream of malnutrition-free Gujarat, envisaged by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, I make an appeal to the leaders of the society to distribute nutritious food items such as sukhdi (Gujarati delicacy made of wheat flour), fruits and pulses in Anganwadis," Chief Minister Anandi Patel said adding the government needs people`s participation in the initiative.
Anganwadis are the government sponsored child-care centres in India. Patel was speaking at `Shala Praveshotsav` (a Gujarat government initiative for school enrolment drive) in Bopal and Thaltej localities in the city.
She said there is a need to establish a social set-up with people`s participation that can help instill hygienic values and healthy habits in children along with the academic education.
The Chief Minister said this enrolment drive campaign was initiated by the then chief minister of Gujarat Narendra Modi in the year 2003 which had shown the path to the entire nation in reducing the dropout ratio and improving literacy rate.
Patel called for people`s participation also in building smart schools in villages where local students can get advanced education.
The `Praveshotsav` initiative was first introduced by former chief minister Narendra Modi twelve years back, which is still held across the state to increase the enrolment of students in the government-run primary schools.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city