Anandiben Patel urges people to help govt for malnutrition-free Gujarat
Ahmedabad: Gujarat Chief Minister Anandiben Patel today called for people`s participation in the mission to make the state malnutrition-free.
"To fulfil the dream of malnutrition-free Gujarat, envisaged by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, I make an appeal to the leaders of the society to distribute nutritious food items such as sukhdi (Gujarati delicacy made of wheat flour), fruits and pulses in Anganwadis," Chief Minister Anandi Patel said adding the government needs people`s participation in the initiative.
Anganwadis are the government sponsored child-care centres in India. Patel was speaking at `Shala Praveshotsav` (a Gujarat government initiative for school enrolment drive) in Bopal and Thaltej localities in the city.
She said there is a need to establish a social set-up with people`s participation that can help instill hygienic values and healthy habits in children along with the academic education.
The Chief Minister said this enrolment drive campaign was initiated by the then chief minister of Gujarat Narendra Modi in the year 2003 which had shown the path to the entire nation in reducing the dropout ratio and improving literacy rate.
Patel called for people`s participation also in building smart schools in villages where local students can get advanced education.
The `Praveshotsav` initiative was first introduced by former chief minister Narendra Modi twelve years back, which is still held across the state to increase the enrolment of students in the government-run primary schools.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves