Anti-Gujarati elements hindering development: Modi
Ahmedabad: Attacking Congress, Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi alleged on Tuesday that anti-Gujarat elements continued to hinder the state`s progress despite being taught a befitting lesson by the people in the elections.
"Those who are mindlessly criticising Gujarat day and night will continue to do so. Instead of joining the journey of the state`s development, they continue to spread lies," Modi said while addressing farmers at the launch of 9th Krishi Mahotsav 2013 in Radhanpur, Patan district.
He pointed out that the craze to be on television or in the news is such that anti-Gujarat elements have invented new ways of spreading lies and provoke farmers to stage protests against his government.
"The people of Gujarat know such people very well and have answered them on many occasions through the ballot," Modi said.
Claiming that neither they nor their party would gain by criticising Gujarat and allegedly blocking of the state`s progress, Modi asked such "anti-state elements" to give up and join the development journey of Gujarat.
"By opposing things, you will not gain. Neither will your party gain, and the question of Gujarat gaining does not arise," Modi said, in his speech.
He stressed on the need to embrace drip irrigation in Gujarat and said that from 1960-2000, only 12,000 hectares of land was under drip irrigation whereas today, over 9 lakh hectares in Gujarat is drip irrigated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Arvind Kejriwal takes U-turn on water promise, says BJP
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!