APJ Abdul Kalam bats for nuclear energy
Vadodara: Former President Dr APJ Abdul
Kalam on Wednesday strongly advocated the importance of nuclear
energy in power-starved India.
Interacting with the students of Prince Ashok Raje
Gaekwad School here this evening, Kalam said, "There is no
alternative to nuclear energy. Power-starved India needs to
switch over from its tremendous dependence on fossil fuels to
alternative sources of energy like nuclear, solar, hydro power
"The nuclear power plants in the country are safe and no
mishap or any incident is reported from any of our plants," he
Dr Kalam also justified expenditure on `Chandrayan
Mission`. "Moon or Mars can become a new habitat in future,"
he said, adding that the over-populated world may need to look
for new habitats in the years to come.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday