APJ Abdul Kalam bats for nuclear energy
Vadodara: Former President Dr APJ Abdul
Kalam on Wednesday strongly advocated the importance of nuclear
energy in power-starved India.
Interacting with the students of Prince Ashok Raje
Gaekwad School here this evening, Kalam said, "There is no
alternative to nuclear energy. Power-starved India needs to
switch over from its tremendous dependence on fossil fuels to
alternative sources of energy like nuclear, solar, hydro power
"The nuclear power plants in the country are safe and no
mishap or any incident is reported from any of our plants," he
Dr Kalam also justified expenditure on `Chandrayan
Mission`. "Moon or Mars can become a new habitat in future,"
he said, adding that the over-populated world may need to look
for new habitats in the years to come.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Several parts of Telangana receive heavy rain
- Ask Sourav Ganguly what problem he has with me: Ravi Shastri on his absence during interview
- Rajinikanth ji's film stole the poster of our film, says Irrfan Khan
- UN to choose new non-permanent Security Council members
- Heavy rains lash Himachal Pradesh, Met department predicts more in coming days