APJ Abdul Kalam bats for nuclear energy
Vadodara: Former President Dr APJ Abdul
Kalam on Wednesday strongly advocated the importance of nuclear
energy in power-starved India.
Interacting with the students of Prince Ashok Raje
Gaekwad School here this evening, Kalam said, "There is no
alternative to nuclear energy. Power-starved India needs to
switch over from its tremendous dependence on fossil fuels to
alternative sources of energy like nuclear, solar, hydro power
"The nuclear power plants in the country are safe and no
mishap or any incident is reported from any of our plants," he
Dr Kalam also justified expenditure on `Chandrayan
Mission`. "Moon or Mars can become a new habitat in future,"
he said, adding that the over-populated world may need to look
for new habitats in the years to come.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption