APMCC chairman admitted to hospital following hung
Ahmedabad: All Parties Migrants Coordination Committee (APMCC) chairman Vinod Pandit, who was on an indefinite hunger strike for the last 15 days over a charter of demands, was tonight admitted to a hospital in Porbandar after his health deteriorated.
APMCC is an organisation which represents Kashmiri Pandits.
Its national spokesperson King Bharati told PTI that Pandit`s health had deteriorated considerably and he had lost 8-9 kgs.
Bharati added that negotiations with the Jammu and Kashmir government on the demands were in the last stage.
"We have not officially called off the fast as negotiations are in the final stage. We may call it off tomorrow if the Jammu and Kashmir government considers our demands," Bharati told a news agency over phone from Porbandar.
Pandit is on an indefinite fast at Porbandar since January 30 over APMCC`s demands which include dialogue with Pakistan for facilitating visits to Sharda Peeth Temple in Pakistan-occupied-Kashmir.
Other major demands are establishment of a Sharda Peeth University in Jammu and Kashmir, passing of the pending Kashmir Temples and Shrines Bill and a special employment package for non-migrant Hindus.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- RBSE 12th Science & Commerce Board Result 2015 declared
- West Bengal Board Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 announced
- RBSE rajresults.nic.in & rajeduboard.nic.in 12th Results 2015: BSER Ajmer Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII Senior Secondary Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared shortly
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh