Arjun Modhwadia Guj PCC chief, Sadanand Singh Bihar CLP leader
New Delhi: Arjun Modhwadia was on Wednesday made
Gujarat PCC President and Sadanand Singh the Congress
Legislature Party leader in Bihar, in moves to set the house
in order in the two key states where it is in opposition for
Modhwadia belongs to Porbandar in Saurashtra region and
has been a former leader of the opposition in the state. He
succeeds Siddhartha Patel.
Singh is a former Bihar PCC chief and his new appointment
came a few months after Congress suffered a crushing defeat in
the Assembly polls in the state. Singh succeeds Ashok Ram who
was defeated in the elections.
In political wilderness in Bihar for the past two decades,
Congress could secure only four seats in the 243-member House
and had lost deposits in several of the seats as the Nitish
Kumar-led JD(U)-BJP combine made a spectacular showing.
In Gujarat too, Congress has been occupying opposition
benches for long with Narendra Modi of the BJP calling the
shots. Assembly elections in Gujarat are towards 2012-end.
AICC General Secretary Janardan Dwivedi announced the
appointments made by party chief Sonia Gandhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued