Arjun Modhwadia Guj PCC chief, Sadanand Singh Bihar CLP leader
New Delhi: Arjun Modhwadia was on Wednesday made
Gujarat PCC President and Sadanand Singh the Congress
Legislature Party leader in Bihar, in moves to set the house
in order in the two key states where it is in opposition for
Modhwadia belongs to Porbandar in Saurashtra region and
has been a former leader of the opposition in the state. He
succeeds Siddhartha Patel.
Singh is a former Bihar PCC chief and his new appointment
came a few months after Congress suffered a crushing defeat in
the Assembly polls in the state. Singh succeeds Ashok Ram who
was defeated in the elections.
In political wilderness in Bihar for the past two decades,
Congress could secure only four seats in the 243-member House
and had lost deposits in several of the seats as the Nitish
Kumar-led JD(U)-BJP combine made a spectacular showing.
In Gujarat too, Congress has been occupying opposition
benches for long with Narendra Modi of the BJP calling the
shots. Assembly elections in Gujarat are towards 2012-end.
AICC General Secretary Janardan Dwivedi announced the
appointments made by party chief Sonia Gandhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon