Arvind Kejriwal car attack: Gujarat Police forms 2 teams to nab accused
Zee Media Bureau
Ahmedabad: The Gujarat police have formed two teams to nab the accused, who attacked Arvind Kejriwal`s car on Wednesday. The Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) leader is on a four-day visit to verify development claims by Chief Minister Narendra Modi.
The windshield of the car carrying Kejriwal was damaged when BJP workers attacked his convoy in retaliation to the protests by AAP workers in front of BJP headquarters in Delhi.
A FIR has been registered by the Gujarat police in connection with the case.
The BJP activists and those accompanying Kejriwal in the cavalcade in Kharohi village of Kutch district clashed this evening when the car windshield was broken.
AAP claims that when Kejriwal`s convoy reached Kharohi, some BJP workers showed black flags, a PTI report said.
In New Delhi, Bharatiya Janata Party activists allegedly pelted stones at Aam Aadmi Party members and the protestors retaliated as latter`s "peaceful" protest at BJP`s headquarters in central Delhi turned ugly.
While both sides hurled chairs and sticks at each other, police intervened, using water cannons to disperse the crowd.
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown