Arvind Kejriwal car attack: Gujarat Police forms 2 teams to nab accused
Zee Media Bureau
Ahmedabad: The Gujarat police have formed two teams to nab the accused, who attacked Arvind Kejriwal`s car on Wednesday. The Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) leader is on a four-day visit to verify development claims by Chief Minister Narendra Modi.
The windshield of the car carrying Kejriwal was damaged when BJP workers attacked his convoy in retaliation to the protests by AAP workers in front of BJP headquarters in Delhi.
A FIR has been registered by the Gujarat police in connection with the case.
The BJP activists and those accompanying Kejriwal in the cavalcade in Kharohi village of Kutch district clashed this evening when the car windshield was broken.
AAP claims that when Kejriwal`s convoy reached Kharohi, some BJP workers showed black flags, a PTI report said.
In New Delhi, Bharatiya Janata Party activists allegedly pelted stones at Aam Aadmi Party members and the protestors retaliated as latter`s "peaceful" protest at BJP`s headquarters in central Delhi turned ugly.
While both sides hurled chairs and sticks at each other, police intervened, using water cannons to disperse the crowd.
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!