Arvind Kejriwal car attack: Gujarat Police forms 2 teams to nab accused
Zee Media Bureau
Ahmedabad: The Gujarat police have formed two teams to nab the accused, who attacked Arvind Kejriwal`s car on Wednesday. The Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) leader is on a four-day visit to verify development claims by Chief Minister Narendra Modi.
The windshield of the car carrying Kejriwal was damaged when BJP workers attacked his convoy in retaliation to the protests by AAP workers in front of BJP headquarters in Delhi.
A FIR has been registered by the Gujarat police in connection with the case.
The BJP activists and those accompanying Kejriwal in the cavalcade in Kharohi village of Kutch district clashed this evening when the car windshield was broken.
AAP claims that when Kejriwal`s convoy reached Kharohi, some BJP workers showed black flags, a PTI report said.
In New Delhi, Bharatiya Janata Party activists allegedly pelted stones at Aam Aadmi Party members and the protestors retaliated as latter`s "peaceful" protest at BJP`s headquarters in central Delhi turned ugly.
While both sides hurled chairs and sticks at each other, police intervened, using water cannons to disperse the crowd.
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan