Arvind Kejriwal did not pay toll, alleges Gujarat govt
Ahmedabad: Gujarat government on Wednesday accused Aam Aadmi Party leader Arvind Kejriwal and other party members of not paying the road toll at three places during his tour of the state to verify development claims of Chief Minister Narendra Modi.
"Kejriwal and other state leaders of AAP have skipped toll tax payment at three place, moving off with his entire cavalcade," Gujarat government spokesperson and Finance Minister Nitin Patel said.
"He did not pay the toll at Varahi toll booth in Patan district and Surajbari and Samakhiyali in Kutch district," Patel alleged.
"Former Gujarat MLA from BJP, Kanubhai Kalsariya, was also travelling with him. They did not stop their car even when the toll-booth employee asked them to do so," he claimed.
Reacting to the allegation, AAP`s state convener Sukhdev Patel said, "They should first check their own history before making such allegations against us. They took Vitthal Radadiya, accused of showing a gun to toll-booth employee for asking the toll tax, in their party," he said.
"They even made his son minister in their cabinet, so they have no face to make such allegations," he said further.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation