Asaram ashram trying to acquire temple land illegally
Surat: Another controversy related to the illegal possession of land by Asaram’s ashram has surfaced in Surat district. According to local residents, the ashram authorities were allegedly trying to acquire the Shiva temple at Tajpore Bujrang village in Bardoli taluka.
The villagers forced ashram officials to remove pictures of the self-styled godman and the donation box placed inside the Baijnath Mahadev Temple late on Saturday.
They claimed that by placing the picture, the ashram authorities wanted to take possession of the temple. Although the picture has been there at the temple for many years, the villagers could not do anything till now. Villagers also described the ashram as illegal and they have decided to verify all land records to find out the owner of the land.
“We are collecting all land records from villagers, including revenue number and survey number. According to our knowledge, the ashram had been built illegally and its claim that land was donated by the government is false,” insisted Paresh Patel, member of the village panchayat, adding that there would be widespread protests once it is proved that the ashram was built illegally.
The ashram authorities preferred to remain silent on the issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video