Asaram Bapu, son fail to appear before inquiry commission
Ahmedabad: Spiritual guru Asaram Bapu and
his son Narayan Sai, who had been summoned on Friday by Justice D
K Trivedi Commission in connection with mysterious deaths of
two teenage boys in 2008, failed to turn up.
Asaram and Narayan Sai had submitted a petition before
the commission seeking review of its March 21 order summoning
them. But Justice (retd) Trivedi rejected it.
The Commission has now asked their lawyers to submit, by
April 8, when the duo would appear.
The summons has been issued under the Commission of
Inquiry Act, following the application by Prafful Waghela and
Shantilal Waghela, the parents of the deceased boys, seeking
questioning of Asaram and Narayan Sai.
Decomposed bodies of their teenage sons, Dipesh and
Abhishek respectively, who were studying at Asaram Bapu`s
ashram in Motera area here, were found from the banks of river
Sabarmati on July 5, 2008, two days after they were reported
missing by the ashram authorities.
The discovery of the dead bodies had created tension in
the area, and the people had demanded that culprits be
brought to book.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'