Asaram, his son Narayan Sai booked for raping two sisters in Gujarat
Zee Media Bureau/Kamna Arora
Surat: Adding to the troubles of Asaram Bapu and Narayan Sai, two sisters have registered an FIR against the spiritual guru and his son here.
According to the FIR, Asaram allegedly raped the elder sister at Ahemdabad ashram. The younger sister has accused Narayan Sai of raping her in Surat. The incidents took place between 2002-04.
"We have registered two complaints, one against Asaram and another against Narayan Sai, of sexual assault, illegal confinement and other charges," Surat Police Commissioner Rakesh Asthana said today.
"The victims are two sisters," he said. According to reports, one of them could be a minor at the time of the incident. Both of them hail from a poor family and used to assist in making ayurvedic medicines at Asaram`s ashram.
According to Asthana, allegations have also been made against the controversial guru’s wife, Lakshmi, and his daughter, Bharti, that they both helped Asaram and Narayan Sai in committing these acts.
The complaint against Narayan Sai has been registered at Jhangirpura police station in Surat, while the one against his father Asaram has been transferred to Ahmedabad as the alleged incident happened there, Asthana said.
The police will question Narayan Sai in connection with the complaint shortly, he said.
Narayan Sai was earlier accused by a married woman of trying to sexually assault her.
Rejecting the allegations, Asaram Bapu`s spokesperson Neelam Dubey said why new cases are surfacing against the father-son duo at a time when the self-styled godman is in jail for allegedly sexually assaulting a 16-year-old girl.
“I was watching in the television, and understand that this is a 2002 and 2004 matter. My question is that if the incident happened in 2002 and 2004, then why did they wait this long to come forward? And if they are coming forward now, then why are they coming forward?” Dubey said, questioning the alleged victims.
Asaram Bapu is currently lodged in the Jodhpur Central Jail since September 02.
On August 20, a 16-year-old girl lodged a police complaint accusing Asaram, 72, of sexually assaulting her at his ashram near Jodhpur.
Asaram was arrested from his ashram in Indore, Madhya Pradesh, and brought to Jodhpur on September 01.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Special panel on India's NSG membership bid? We're not aware, says China
- Ruby Rai, Bihar Class 12 topper now under arrest for cheating, says she never wanted to top the exam
- Euro 2016: Iceland stun England in one of greatest ever shocks
- Three new suicide attacks in Lebanon village near Syria
- Preparing for Brexit, Britain may see new PM by early September