Asaram’s arrest turned Vanzara against Modi?
Zee Media Bureau
Ahmedabad: It may be pure coincidence but the fact that DG Vanzara’s explosive resignation letter was dated August 31, the day his guru Asaram was arrested over allegations of sexual assault, points to the possibility of the two events being linked.
The suspended Gujarat top cop Vanzara`s controversial letter is seen as one written in utter anguish over the arrest of Asaram.
Vanzara is a long time follower of Asaram Bapu and shared a deep guru-shishya relationship with the controversial spiritual leader.
The former cop was open about his faith in Asaram and used to describe his guru as his "saviour".
While he was lodged in Sabarmati jail in Ahmedabad, Vanzara is said to have written many poems in praise of his spiritual guide.
The close relationship between the two was also laid bare in the Ishrat Jahan chargsheet, wherein police constable Amarsinh Vanzara told the CBI that he and two other policemen had brought cow milk for the IPS officer from Asaram`s ashram in Motera on June 15, 2004.
Following the arrest of Asaram, Vanzara is reported to have told his relative, "My god (Modi) could not save my guru. How will he save me?"
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred