Asaram’s artificial rain wastes gallons of water
Surat: At a time when several states of the country are facing a drought-like situation and people have been advised not to waste water, controversial godman Asaram Bapu used a hydraulic pump to spray coloured water on thousands of his devotees at Jahangirpura Ashram in Surat to celebrate Holi,
Reports on Thursday said that several lakhs of litres of water was wasted in the process in water-scarce Gujarat.
Ahead of his artificial rain in Surat, Asaram had done similar things with his devotees during events in Nagpur and Mumbai recently.
Asaram, who was in Surat to play Holi with his devotees for two consecutive days, said that the media was unnecessary blowing the issue out of proportion.
“I sprayed a small quantity of water on my devotees who came here out of devotion, and the media created a hulabaloo. But when 41 tankers of water were used to make a helipad for a Maharashtra minister, why didn`t media raised a hue and cry?" he was quoted as saying.
Asaram Bapu said, his devotees, who were charged of attacking media cameras in Mumbai, were innocent, and it was the media which provoked them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users