Asaram’s artificial rain wastes gallons of water
Surat: At a time when several states of the country are facing a drought-like situation and people have been advised not to waste water, controversial godman Asaram Bapu used a hydraulic pump to spray coloured water on thousands of his devotees at Jahangirpura Ashram in Surat to celebrate Holi,
Reports on Thursday said that several lakhs of litres of water was wasted in the process in water-scarce Gujarat.
Ahead of his artificial rain in Surat, Asaram had done similar things with his devotees during events in Nagpur and Mumbai recently.
Asaram, who was in Surat to play Holi with his devotees for two consecutive days, said that the media was unnecessary blowing the issue out of proportion.
“I sprayed a small quantity of water on my devotees who came here out of devotion, and the media created a hulabaloo. But when 41 tankers of water were used to make a helipad for a Maharashtra minister, why didn`t media raised a hue and cry?" he was quoted as saying.
Asaram Bapu said, his devotees, who were charged of attacking media cameras in Mumbai, were innocent, and it was the media which provoked them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation