Asaram`s police custody extended till October 22
Gandhinagar: The Surat-based woman who has accused controversial godman Asaram of repeated sexual assaults when she was living at his Ashram, has allegedly told the police that some other women, similarly exploited, used to be taken to hospital for abortion.
A magistrate`s court here on Saturday extended the police remand of Asaram till October 22 in the case.
Magistrate A V Budh extended the remand after police sought Asaram`s custody for another 10 days, saying they needed to interrogate him regarding the facts that came to light during the initial four-day remand.
According to the remand application, the victim woman told police that other women at the Ashram, who were similarly exploited, used to be taken to hospital for abortion, and the police want to find out more about the hospital and the doctors involved.
Police also intend to subject Asaram to some medical test.
Asaram`s lawyer advocate B M Gupta did not oppose the remand application but demanded that his client should be treated fairly and be provided Ayurvedic treatment.
While the woman has accused Asaram of sexual assaults, her younger sister has levelled similar allegations against his son, Narayan Sai.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda