Asaram`s police custody extended till October 22
Gandhinagar: The Surat-based woman who has accused controversial godman Asaram of repeated sexual assaults when she was living at his Ashram, has allegedly told the police that some other women, similarly exploited, used to be taken to hospital for abortion.
A magistrate`s court here on Saturday extended the police remand of Asaram till October 22 in the case.
Magistrate A V Budh extended the remand after police sought Asaram`s custody for another 10 days, saying they needed to interrogate him regarding the facts that came to light during the initial four-day remand.
According to the remand application, the victim woman told police that other women at the Ashram, who were similarly exploited, used to be taken to hospital for abortion, and the police want to find out more about the hospital and the doctors involved.
Police also intend to subject Asaram to some medical test.
Asaram`s lawyer advocate B M Gupta did not oppose the remand application but demanded that his client should be treated fairly and be provided Ayurvedic treatment.
While the woman has accused Asaram of sexual assaults, her younger sister has levelled similar allegations against his son, Narayan Sai.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- Relief for Salman Khan as Rajasthan High Court acquits him in two chinkara poaching cases
- India tour of West Indies 2016: It was a complete performance, says Virat Kohli after comprehensive win
- Vietnam warns South China Sea is a `test` of ASEAN
- China telecom giant Huawei first half revenue up 40%
- Iulia Vantur celebrated her birthday with this Bollywood celebrity – Pics inside