Attacked Gujarat BJP legislator may face party ire
Gandhinagar: Gujarat Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) legislator Kanu Kalsariya, who was attacked Sunday night, may face disciplinary action from his own party soon. The legislator is heading a farmers` stir against corporate giant Nirma.
The new state party president R.C. Faldu is of the opinion that the legislator-led farmer`s stir against Nirma is fast becoming an embarrassment for the Narendra Modi government, highly placed sources in the BJP have indicated. It is inviting adverse publicity and is affecting Gujarat`s image as an investor friendly state where the process of setting up units is trouble free.
The BJP leader has been told through party sources that disciplinary action will be taken if he does not stop his activities.
Kalsariya is convalescing in the Mahuva government hospital after unidentified assailants attacked his car while he and his wife were on their way to attend a meeting of farmers Sunday night. The politician, who is a doctor by profession, sustained injuries. His wife had a narrow escape. The car was damaged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof