Auction of Modi`s gift articles gets good response
Vadodara: The auction of gift articles
belonging to Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi, which began
from today, got a good response from bidders, an official said
The proceeds from bidding would be spent on girls
education in the state.
Parliamentary secretary to the chief minister Narendra
Modi, Yogesh Patel said," it is good opportunity for the
citizens of central Gujarat to contribute for a noble cause."
City Mayor and MP Balkrishna Shukla said," the proceeds
of biddings would be spent on girls education."
As many as 1173 gift articles from Modi`s treasure house
are being auctioned here to raise fund for girls education.
The auction will continue till March 5.
District Collector Vijay Nehra said that it was for the
first time such auction was taking place in the entire central
As many as 71 swords, 50 turbans, traditional tribal
bows and arrows, over 200 shawls, crystal mementos, artistic
silver pots, silver idols, the images of Maharana Pratap and
Mahatma Gandhi, wooden articles and paintings will come under
the hammer during the auction.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- 2nd T20I: India vs South Africa - Preview