Baba Ramdev pays `courtesy visit` to Narendra Modi
Ahmedabad: Yoga guru Baba Ramdev visited Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi on Wednesday at his residence in Gandhinagar, which state officials said was a "courtesy visit".
The meeting between Modi and Ramdev was considered significant, particularly in the backdrop of the latter`s reported statement last week in New Delhi, telling the BJP that he would support that party only if Narendra Modi is declared as its prime ministerial candidate.
The Gujarat state government`s official statement today merely said that Baba Ramdev paid a `courtesy` visit to the Chief Minister at his residence.
Ramdev, who is considered as a staunch Modi supporter, has openly praised him several times.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Actor Irrfan Khan stirs controversy over statement on Ramadan rituals
- Is triple divorce system an infringement of the Indian Constitution?
- Is triple divorce system an infringement of the Indian Constitution? - Part II
- Is triple divorce system an infringement of the Indian Constitution? - Part III
- Is triple divorce system an infringement of the Indian Constitution? - Part IV
- WATCH: What a grab! Eng vs SL - Danushka Gunathilaka pulls off unreal catch
- Indian money in Swiss banks drops by one-third to Rs 8,392 crore
- 'Kriti' makers to file defamation suit against Nepali filmmaker
- 'Deadpool 2' to go on floors early 2017
- Islamic State men were planning to attack police station in Hyderabad after making powerful bombs: Report