Baba Ramdev pays `courtesy visit` to Narendra Modi
Ahmedabad: Yoga guru Baba Ramdev visited Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi on Wednesday at his residence in Gandhinagar, which state officials said was a "courtesy visit".
The meeting between Modi and Ramdev was considered significant, particularly in the backdrop of the latter`s reported statement last week in New Delhi, telling the BJP that he would support that party only if Narendra Modi is declared as its prime ministerial candidate.
The Gujarat state government`s official statement today merely said that Baba Ramdev paid a `courtesy` visit to the Chief Minister at his residence.
Ramdev, who is considered as a staunch Modi supporter, has openly praised him several times.
- Will Sonia Gandhi answer RSS's claim of igniting riots in the country?
- DNA: Only 4% of Indian polpulation pays income tax
- Police arrest person accused of abducting woman in Bengaluru
- Scientists find three Earth-sized planets orbiting dwarf star
- Kerala: Dalit law student brutally raped, murdered in Ernakulam
- TVS Motor sales up 16% in April
- Parineeti Chopra wants 'spa-like' personal spaces at her abode
- Nobody came to help while I screamed, says victim of Bengaluru kidnapping case
- Indian Premier League 2016: List of 11 injured players that have been ruled out of remaining tournament
- Kishore Biyani resigns as Managing Director of Future Retail