Baba Ramdev pays `courtesy visit` to Narendra Modi
Ahmedabad: Yoga guru Baba Ramdev visited Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi on Wednesday at his residence in Gandhinagar, which state officials said was a "courtesy visit".
The meeting between Modi and Ramdev was considered significant, particularly in the backdrop of the latter`s reported statement last week in New Delhi, telling the BJP that he would support that party only if Narendra Modi is declared as its prime ministerial candidate.
The Gujarat state government`s official statement today merely said that Baba Ramdev paid a `courtesy` visit to the Chief Minister at his residence.
Ramdev, who is considered as a staunch Modi supporter, has openly praised him several times.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video