Baba Ramdev pays `courtesy visit` to Narendra Modi
Ahmedabad: Yoga guru Baba Ramdev visited Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi on Wednesday at his residence in Gandhinagar, which state officials said was a "courtesy visit".
The meeting between Modi and Ramdev was considered significant, particularly in the backdrop of the latter`s reported statement last week in New Delhi, telling the BJP that he would support that party only if Narendra Modi is declared as its prime ministerial candidate.
The Gujarat state government`s official statement today merely said that Baba Ramdev paid a `courtesy` visit to the Chief Minister at his residence.
Ramdev, who is considered as a staunch Modi supporter, has openly praised him several times.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!