Baba Ramdev pays `courtesy visit` to Narendra Modi
Ahmedabad: Yoga guru Baba Ramdev visited Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi on Wednesday at his residence in Gandhinagar, which state officials said was a "courtesy visit".
The meeting between Modi and Ramdev was considered significant, particularly in the backdrop of the latter`s reported statement last week in New Delhi, telling the BJP that he would support that party only if Narendra Modi is declared as its prime ministerial candidate.
The Gujarat state government`s official statement today merely said that Baba Ramdev paid a `courtesy` visit to the Chief Minister at his residence.
Ramdev, who is considered as a staunch Modi supporter, has openly praised him several times.
- VVIP chopper cam: Ex-IAF chief SP Tyagi reaches CBI office for questioning
- Barack Obama has wish about Osama bin Laden`s last moments
- 162 children die in four months in Pakistan's Tharparkar district
- Major blow to Nawaz govt as US asks Pakistan to make ‘full payment’ for F-16 fighter jets
- Death toll from collapsed building in Kenya rises to 22