Bachchan`s midas touch boosting Gujarat tourism
Gujarat: Having mega star Amitabh Bachchan as its brand ambassador seems to be paying well for Gujarat tourism, a senior officer said on Saturday.
Gujarat Tourism Secretary Vipul Mittra said the places where Amitabh bachchan visited during his tourism promotion campaign are generating interest amongst the tourists. "Thousands of people have started visiting places like Somnath Temple or Gir national park where he shot the tourism campaign," he said adding a hotel property owned by Taj in Gir which was closed nine years back is also restarting its operation there.
Mittra said it was not much difficult to convince Big B to be a brand ambassador. "Chief Minister Narendra Modi called him and he immediately agreed," he said. He Bachchan`s association with Gujarat tourism will be a long-term one.
Gujarat tourism department which attracts1.65 crore visitors annually has also decided to promote the state as a film shooting destination. Mittra said the state will be participating in the cinema scape festival scheduled at Mumbai in October. "We have requested Bachchan to be present at the festival," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?