Bachchan`s midas touch boosting Gujarat tourism
Gujarat: Having mega star Amitabh Bachchan as its brand ambassador seems to be paying well for Gujarat tourism, a senior officer said on Saturday.
Gujarat Tourism Secretary Vipul Mittra said the places where Amitabh bachchan visited during his tourism promotion campaign are generating interest amongst the tourists. "Thousands of people have started visiting places like Somnath Temple or Gir national park where he shot the tourism campaign," he said adding a hotel property owned by Taj in Gir which was closed nine years back is also restarting its operation there.
Mittra said it was not much difficult to convince Big B to be a brand ambassador. "Chief Minister Narendra Modi called him and he immediately agreed," he said. He Bachchan`s association with Gujarat tourism will be a long-term one.
Gujarat tourism department which attracts1.65 crore visitors annually has also decided to promote the state as a film shooting destination. Mittra said the state will be participating in the cinema scape festival scheduled at Mumbai in October. "We have requested Bachchan to be present at the festival," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Why Modi never spoke on issues like beef or Muzaffarnagar, asks Manmohan Singh
- Valentine week: Celebrate 'Kiss Day' with these unique kisses!
- 4th ODI: South Africa vs England - Hosts win game by solitary wicket to level series
- JNUSU prez Kanhaiya Kumar sent to 3-day police custody over Afzal Guru row, says being targeted for defeating ABVP in polls
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus