Bail plea of accused in BMW hit-and-run case rejected
Ahmedabad: A local court on Monday rejected the bail plea of BMW hit-and-run case prime accused Vismay Shah.
Additional session judge B L Jadhav rejected the bail application based on reports submitted by RTO and the forensic lab that the BMW car was running at over 135 kmph when it knocked down the two bikers.
"Bail plea of Vismay Shah was rejected by the session court as it upheld reports of Regional Transport Officer (RTO), Forensic Science Laboratory (FSL) and a car dealer that the BMW car was running at over 135 kmph," Special Public Prosecutor in the case Pravin Trivedi said.
The three eyewitnesses in the case were also present at the time of hearing.
27-year-old Shah was booked by police under IPC Section 304 (culpable homicide not amounting to murder).
On February 25, Shah had allegedly rammed his BMW into two persons on a motorcycle in the Judges Bungalow area, flinging them off the two-wheeler.
While, Shivam Dave (25) - who was riding the bike - died on the spot, his friend Rahul Patel, a pillion rider, later succumbed to his injuries at a private hospital.
The car had screeched to a halt after dragging the bike for about 35 metres before ramming into a tree, police had stated.
Such was the speed of the car that the tree hit by it almost got uprooted. The BMW car carried a Chandigarh registration number.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amit Shah interacts with journalists at BJP office
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- PM Modi host 'Diwali Milan' for media
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read