Bal Thackeray`s ashes immersed in Narmada and Gomati rivers
Ahmedabad: The ashes of late Shiv Sena supremo Bal Thackeray were immersed on Friday in the Narmada river near Chanod in Narmada district and Gomati river in Dwarka, by Shiv Sena party workers and local supporters here, a party leader said.
Gujarat Shiv Sena president (communication wing) Rajulben Patel told PTI that "The ashes were immersed in Narmada river near Chanod in Narmada district and Gomati river near Dwarka in Jamnagar district."
Patel said that the ashes were brought two days before to the city and kept at a private hall in `Satellite` area for supporters to pay homage. Thereafter, it was taken to Dandia Bazar in Vadodara today, where locals paid their respect to the right-wing leader before being immersed in the Narmada river, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt