Bhatt moves Guj HC to quash complaint against him
Ahmedabad: Suspended IPS officer Sanjiv
Bhatt has approached the Gujarat High Court to quash a
complaint filed against him for allegedly furnishing a false
information with intention to evade summons.
The petition filed yesterday is likely to come up for
hearing next week.
Bhatt in his petition has contended that the complaint
was baseless and hence needed to be quashed and the inquiry
ordered by the magistrate be stopped.
The complaint was filed in the local court last month by
ACP NC Patel, who is investigating officer in another case
against Bhatt in which the latter is accused of threatening
and illegally confining police constable KD Pant.
Based on the complaint filed by Patel, additional chief
judicial magistrate B G Doshi had ordered an inquiry into the
matter and issued summons to Bhatt asking him to remain
present in the court on Wednesday.
However, advocates Manish Oza and Mahesh Baria sought
time from the court on behalf of Bhatt, who was out of
station, and requested for another date.
Agreeing to their request, the court adjourned the
hearing in the case till December 5.
Patel alleged in his complaint that Bhatt was issued
summons to remain present before him on September 30 but did
not turn up and instead wrote a letter saying he was supposed
to appear before the Nanavati Commission probing the 2002
Patel further said he probed if Bhatt appeared before the
judicial panel, which revealed that the officer neither
deposed before the commission nor was asked to do so.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says