Bhatt`s plea seeking relief in atrocity case dismi
Ahmedabad: The Gujarat High Court on Monday
dismissed suspended IPS officer Sanjiv Bhatt`s plea for stay
on ongoing criminal proceedings against him in a 1990 incident
of alleged police atrocity, that resulted in the death of one
Bhatt, in his petition, had challenged the legality and
validity of the order of a Jamnagar district court refusing to
defer framing of charges against him in the 21-year-old case.
He had sought quashing of the order of Jamnagar court and
further demanded stay on all proceedings against him in
relation to the case till the criminal revision application
filed by him there is decided upon first.
Justice MR Shah, hearing the case, dismissed Bhatt`s
petition saying that there was no need to restrain the court
from framing charges against the accused.
The High Court, however, observed that framing of charges
against Bhatt would be subject to the outcome of his criminal
revision application which the Jamnagar court would decide
upon after hearing him and the prosecution.
Justice Shah during the course of arguments further said
that framing of charges against the accused after 21 years was
denying justice to the victim.
The Jamnagar court is scheduled to frame charges against
Bhatt and six other accused in the case tomorrow.
On December 9, a fast track court of Jamkhambhalia taluka
in Jamnagar rejected Bhatt`s application seeking deferment on
framing of charges against him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- One year of Modi govt: PM Modi addresses mega rally in Mathura Part-II
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- CBSE Board 12th XII Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced today at 12 Noon
- Kejriwal lists AAP govt's achievements of 100 days, slams Centre's 'dictatorial attitude'
- Arvind Kejriwal's Aam Aadmi Party changes its logo