Bihar police could have averted Patna blasts: Gujarat top cop
Zee Media Bureau
Ahmedabad: Gujarat police has accused their counterpart in Bihar of security lapses ahead of the `Hunkar` rally of BJP`s prime ministerial candidate for 2014 General Elections, Narendra Modi, in Patna on October 27.
According to reports, Gujarat`s top police officer has said that the serial blasts in Patna could have been prevented if the Bihar police had proper security arrangements in place.
Gujarat Director General of Police Pramod Kumar accused the Bihar police of indifference and for being lax and said that they had been in constant contact with the police in Patna.
He alleged that the Patna police had only reluctantly agreed to hold a joint meeting regarding the security arrangements for Modi`s rally with them. He further said that the Patna police did not conduct any standard security drills and there were no metal detectors in place.
Multiple blasts rocked the capital of Bihar, ahead of Modi`s rally on Sunday. However, BJP went ahead with the rally. They blamed Nitish government the next day for security lapses. The Bihar CM denied the allegations and said that no specific intelligence inputs had been received by his government.
Six people died in the blasts and more than eighty have been injured. Meanwhile, the Centre has handed over the case to the NIA.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation – Part II
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof