Bihar police could have averted Patna blasts: Gujarat top cop
Zee Media Bureau
Ahmedabad: Gujarat police has accused their counterpart in Bihar of security lapses ahead of the `Hunkar` rally of BJP`s prime ministerial candidate for 2014 General Elections, Narendra Modi, in Patna on October 27.
According to reports, Gujarat`s top police officer has said that the serial blasts in Patna could have been prevented if the Bihar police had proper security arrangements in place.
Gujarat Director General of Police Pramod Kumar accused the Bihar police of indifference and for being lax and said that they had been in constant contact with the police in Patna.
He alleged that the Patna police had only reluctantly agreed to hold a joint meeting regarding the security arrangements for Modi`s rally with them. He further said that the Patna police did not conduct any standard security drills and there were no metal detectors in place.
Multiple blasts rocked the capital of Bihar, ahead of Modi`s rally on Sunday. However, BJP went ahead with the rally. They blamed Nitish government the next day for security lapses. The Bihar CM denied the allegations and said that no specific intelligence inputs had been received by his government.
Six people died in the blasts and more than eighty have been injured. Meanwhile, the Centre has handed over the case to the NIA.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!