BJP ally Shiv Sena to contest Gujarat Assembly election
Mumbai: Shiv Sena on Monday said it will field candidates in BJP-ruled Gujarat, where Assembly election is due by the year-end, indicating fissures in the two decades -old saffron alliance.
"Shiv Sena will contest the upcoming Gujarat Assembly election. We are making preparations in this regard," party spokesperson Sanjay Raut told reporters here.
Raut, however, did not say how many seats the party will contest in Gujarat, which has 182 Assembly segments.
Sena is an ally of BJP in Maharashtra and also at the national level where it is part of the NDA.
The announcement to contest poll in Gujarat comes a day after Sena patriarch Bal Thackeray said senior BJP leader Sushma Swaraj will make a "great choice" for the Prime Minister`s post.
Raut also took a dig at Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan, saying he was Minister of State in PMO when coal block allocation files were signed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Sheena Bora murder: DNA sample to reveal the truth
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Sheena murder case: Villager helps locate spot where body was buried