BJP asks EC to disallow GPP candidates to use `bat` symbol
Ahmedabad: Gujarat BJP has lodged a complaint with the Election Commission (EC) that newly-formed Gujarat Parivartan Party (GPP) candidates should not be allowed to fight the polls using the the symbol of a bat as it "violated" EC`s instructions.
GPP is a party floated recently by BJP rebel and former chief minister Keshubhai Patel. The party was given the symbol of the bat by EC recently.
"GPP violated two EC provisions when it has been given a symbol of `bat` to use in the elections," BJP spokesperson Nirmala Sitharaman claimed.
"EC had given the symbol to GPP on the condition that it will field candidates in all 182 constituencies and submit form `A` and `B` required to file nomination papers of each candidate to the state chief electoral officer as well as to the Returning Officer of the constituency. However, GPP violated both conditions and so we have complained to EC regarding the issue," Sitharaman said.
"Our demand is that GPP candidates should be given individual symbols in each constituency as they failed to comply with EC instructions," she said.
BJP`s legal cell head Parindu Bhagat said they have filed complaints with every Returning Officer of all constituencies going to polls in phase one and also with the state chief electoral officer`s office in Gandhinagar.
Meanwhile, BJP also announced they will be holding rallies of Chief Minister Narendra Modi at 26 places simultaneously using 3D holographic technology on November 29.
Elections will be held in Gujarat in two phases on December 13 and December 17 while votes will be counted on December 20.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- CBSE Board 12th XII Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced today at 12 Noon