BJP credits "Modi magic" for Junagadh civic polls victory
Junagadh: Hailing their party`s victory in Junagadh Municipal Corporation (JMC), BJP leaders here on Tuesday greeted people for trusting them and credited Prime Minister Narendra Modi`s "magic" and "development vision" for the magnificent performance in the civic body polls.
"We will surely live up to the trust put on us by the people of Gujarat in every election. Thank you Junagadh! Congratulations to Team BJP," Chief Minister Anandi Patel said on her twitter account.
In an official statement from Chief Minister`s office, Patel said the people of Junagadh have reposed faith in the vision of Prime Minister Narendra Modi who gave a genre of `politics of development` instead of relenting upon the `vote-bank politics`.
While the Congress believed that the recent Lok Sabha polls had an impact on the JMC elections.
"The civic body elections were held 60 days after the Lok Sabha verdict. There was anti-incumbency factor. Besides, some of our members, who were involved in the anti-party activity, had switched over to the BJP. They (BJP) had resources also. The delimitation also helped them as BJP has a strong hold at the increased three wards," Gujarat Pradesh Congress Committee (GPCC) president Arjun Modhvadia said.
Modhvadia said all the party workers, including himself, are responsible for Congress` defeat in JMC.
State BJP unit president RC Faldu greeted the people of Junagadh and believed that it is the "Modi magic" that helped the party to snatch the JMC from Congress.
"Entire country has accepted the `politics of development` and I am happy that the people of Junagadh have joined them," Faldu said.
"It is certainly Modi-magic here. Narendra bhai Modi has emerged as the political person who has established the politics of development in the Indian society. After coming to power (at the Centre), he has done works for public welfare and people of Junagadh have accepted his vision," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people