BJP credits "Modi magic" for Junagadh civic polls victory
Junagadh: Hailing their party`s victory in Junagadh Municipal Corporation (JMC), BJP leaders here on Tuesday greeted people for trusting them and credited Prime Minister Narendra Modi`s "magic" and "development vision" for the magnificent performance in the civic body polls.
"We will surely live up to the trust put on us by the people of Gujarat in every election. Thank you Junagadh! Congratulations to Team BJP," Chief Minister Anandi Patel said on her twitter account.
In an official statement from Chief Minister`s office, Patel said the people of Junagadh have reposed faith in the vision of Prime Minister Narendra Modi who gave a genre of `politics of development` instead of relenting upon the `vote-bank politics`.
While the Congress believed that the recent Lok Sabha polls had an impact on the JMC elections.
"The civic body elections were held 60 days after the Lok Sabha verdict. There was anti-incumbency factor. Besides, some of our members, who were involved in the anti-party activity, had switched over to the BJP. They (BJP) had resources also. The delimitation also helped them as BJP has a strong hold at the increased three wards," Gujarat Pradesh Congress Committee (GPCC) president Arjun Modhvadia said.
Modhvadia said all the party workers, including himself, are responsible for Congress` defeat in JMC.
State BJP unit president RC Faldu greeted the people of Junagadh and believed that it is the "Modi magic" that helped the party to snatch the JMC from Congress.
"Entire country has accepted the `politics of development` and I am happy that the people of Junagadh have joined them," Faldu said.
"It is certainly Modi-magic here. Narendra bhai Modi has emerged as the political person who has established the politics of development in the Indian society. After coming to power (at the Centre), he has done works for public welfare and people of Junagadh have accepted his vision," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part III
- Borussia Dortmund deny reports of Manchester City's EUR 70 million bid for Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang
- Kapil Sharma aka Kappu's Twitter account 'hacked'! – Know who did it
- More than 37,000 flee South Sudan for Uganda: UN
- World to end in a global apocalypse this Friday on July 29?
- First Haj flight from Uttar Pradesh to take off on August 10