BJP demands security for Nraendra Modi, cites intelligence inputs
New Delhi: Demanding that Narendra Modi and his pre-election `yatra` be provided adequate security, BJP today claimed Intelligence Bureau has received inputs that there is a threat to the Gujarat Chief Minister`s programme.
"Reports are there with IB that there is a threat to Narendra Modi`s yatra. We would like to see that the central government takes necessary action and steps so that enough security is provided to Modi`s yatra. Immediate steps should be taken for this," BJP spokesperson JP Nadda said.
He insisted that the Centre assess the yatra`s security and its various aspects and take appropriate action.
The BJP asked the Centre to ensure that Modi`s yatra is conducted without any problem and make necessary arrangements for it.
Ahead of Gujarat Assembly elections, Modi is undertaking the Vivekanand Yuva Vikas Yatra in Gujarat to reach out to the people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose lived as KK Bhandari in 1960s?
- AIB's Tanmay Bhat blasted on Twitter for mocking Sachin Tendulkar, Lata Mangeshkar | WATCH his controversial video
- Sex machines - the future of `clean` prostitution?
- Rainy Monday morning in Delhi
- Woman allegedly raped by Nigerian national in Goa