BJP demands security for Nraendra Modi, cites intelligence inputs
New Delhi: Demanding that Narendra Modi and his pre-election `yatra` be provided adequate security, BJP today claimed Intelligence Bureau has received inputs that there is a threat to the Gujarat Chief Minister`s programme.
"Reports are there with IB that there is a threat to Narendra Modi`s yatra. We would like to see that the central government takes necessary action and steps so that enough security is provided to Modi`s yatra. Immediate steps should be taken for this," BJP spokesperson JP Nadda said.
He insisted that the Centre assess the yatra`s security and its various aspects and take appropriate action.
The BJP asked the Centre to ensure that Modi`s yatra is conducted without any problem and make necessary arrangements for it.
Ahead of Gujarat Assembly elections, Modi is undertaking the Vivekanand Yuva Vikas Yatra in Gujarat to reach out to the people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'