BJP demands security for Nraendra Modi, cites intelligence inputs
New Delhi: Demanding that Narendra Modi and his pre-election `yatra` be provided adequate security, BJP today claimed Intelligence Bureau has received inputs that there is a threat to the Gujarat Chief Minister`s programme.
"Reports are there with IB that there is a threat to Narendra Modi`s yatra. We would like to see that the central government takes necessary action and steps so that enough security is provided to Modi`s yatra. Immediate steps should be taken for this," BJP spokesperson JP Nadda said.
He insisted that the Centre assess the yatra`s security and its various aspects and take appropriate action.
The BJP asked the Centre to ensure that Modi`s yatra is conducted without any problem and make necessary arrangements for it.
Ahead of Gujarat Assembly elections, Modi is undertaking the Vivekanand Yuva Vikas Yatra in Gujarat to reach out to the people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre