BJP demands security for Nraendra Modi, cites intelligence inputs
New Delhi: Demanding that Narendra Modi and his pre-election `yatra` be provided adequate security, BJP today claimed Intelligence Bureau has received inputs that there is a threat to the Gujarat Chief Minister`s programme.
"Reports are there with IB that there is a threat to Narendra Modi`s yatra. We would like to see that the central government takes necessary action and steps so that enough security is provided to Modi`s yatra. Immediate steps should be taken for this," BJP spokesperson JP Nadda said.
He insisted that the Centre assess the yatra`s security and its various aspects and take appropriate action.
The BJP asked the Centre to ensure that Modi`s yatra is conducted without any problem and make necessary arrangements for it.
Ahead of Gujarat Assembly elections, Modi is undertaking the Vivekanand Yuva Vikas Yatra in Gujarat to reach out to the people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH