BJP may win 133 seats in Gujarat: Survey
New Delhi: The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) is expected to sweep 50 percent of all votes and win 133 of the 182 seats in the upcoming elections in Gujarat, a survey of voters released on Friday said.
In contrast, the Congress would maintain its 38 percent vote share but get only 43 seats, a drop of 16 from its 2007 tally, the LensOnNews survey said.
The findings follow a survey of 7,294 voters across 52 constituencies across the state.
The BJP`s projected seats would be a gain of one percent in vote share but would give it 16 more seats as compared to 2007, it said.
The Congress is slated to maintain its 38 percent vote share but get only 43 seats.
It said the phenomenon of a small swing of vote share resulting in a disproportionate benefit to the BJP in terms of seats was dominantly due to the delimitation exercise.
Of the 16 more seats projected to be gained by the BJP since 2007, a substantial number of 10 seats are to be attributed to an increase in the number of urban seats, it said.
The Congress, the survey said, was handicapped as it lacked a state leader to match the stature of Chief Minister Narendra Modi.
"This has played into Modi`s hands, and he has converted the election into a battle between the `six crore people of Gujarat` and the `Delhi Sultanate` of Sonia and Rahul Gandhi."
It said former BJP chief minister Keshubhai Patel`s attempts to rally his Leuva Patel community to undercut Modi had failed make a dent in the BJP`s vote share.
The LenOnNews Poll was conducted between September 02 and 28. The results are subject to a margin of error of 3 percent.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know