BJP MP Rathwa questions EC`s notice
Vadodara: BJP MP Ramsinh Rathwa on Friday questioned the notice issued to him by the Election Commission of India (ECI) for attending a Garba function at Dabhoi town early this week.
The ECI has asked him to give an explanation in two days as to why did he attend the `Aarti` (prayer) programme of the garba event as it amounted to violation of model code of conduct. Rathwa was chief guest at the function held on October 16.
"I participated in Aarti programme at this garba venue which was organised by Jay Shakti Group Garba Samiti and had not made any speech there", Rathwa said addressing a public meeting held at Bodeli town of the district today.
"I am aware of guidelines of the election on this issue. The ECI does not prevent anybody from attending such programme or performing arti," he asserted.
Rathwa alleged that notice was issued to him due to pressure of the Congress party functionaries.
Rathwa sought to know why such a notice was not issued to former Congress president and MLA Siddharth Patel who also attended a garba programme at Dabhoi on the same day and his photographs were published in local newspapers.
Rathwa represents Chhota Udepur parliamentary constituency.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Prayers being held for Yakub Memon at Bada Kabristan before his burial
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened