BJP MP Rathwa questions EC`s notice
Vadodara: BJP MP Ramsinh Rathwa on Friday questioned the notice issued to him by the Election Commission of India (ECI) for attending a Garba function at Dabhoi town early this week.
The ECI has asked him to give an explanation in two days as to why did he attend the `Aarti` (prayer) programme of the garba event as it amounted to violation of model code of conduct. Rathwa was chief guest at the function held on October 16.
"I participated in Aarti programme at this garba venue which was organised by Jay Shakti Group Garba Samiti and had not made any speech there", Rathwa said addressing a public meeting held at Bodeli town of the district today.
"I am aware of guidelines of the election on this issue. The ECI does not prevent anybody from attending such programme or performing arti," he asserted.
Rathwa alleged that notice was issued to him due to pressure of the Congress party functionaries.
Rathwa sought to know why such a notice was not issued to former Congress president and MLA Siddharth Patel who also attended a garba programme at Dabhoi on the same day and his photographs were published in local newspapers.
Rathwa represents Chhota Udepur parliamentary constituency.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing