BJP MP Solanki sent in judicial custody in Jethwa murder case
Ahmedabad: The special CBI court here on Monday sent the BJP MP Dinu Bogha Solanki in judicial custody till November 25 after the Central agency did not seek his further custodial remand in RTI activist Amit Jethwa murder case.
Jethwa had filed several RTI queries and also filed a PIL in Gujarat High Court with regard to illegal mining in Gir forest, the abode of Asiatic lion.
Solanki was arrested by CBI last Tuesday in Delhi for his alleged involvement in the killing of the the RTI activists, and secured his four-day remand, which ended today.
As it did not seek further remand, magistrate H S Khutwad sent him in judicial custody till November 25.
The case was initially probed by Gujarat police, who arrested six persons, including Shiva Solanki, nephew of the BJP MP, and sharp-shooter Sailesh Pandya who is accused of shooting Jethwa outside the Gujarat High Court on July 20, 2010. But police ruled out the possibility of Dinu Solanki`s involvement.
Jethwa`s father then approached the Gujarat High Court. The High Court termed the police probe as "far from fair, independent, bona fide or prompt", and transferred the case to CBI.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you