BJP MP Solanki`s judicial custody extended till Dec 9
Ahmedabad: A CBI court Monday extended till December 9 the judicial custody of Junagadh BJP MP Dinu Bogha Solanki, arrested in RTI activist Amit Jethwa murder case.
Jethwa had filed several RTI queries and also a PIL in Gujarat High Court with regard to illegal mining in Gir forest, the abode of Asiatic lion.
Solanki was arrested by CBI in Delhi earlier this month for his alleged involvement in the killing of the activist and was brought to city the next day on a transit remand.
CBI, which had initially sought his 14-day custodial remand for further interrogation, was granted four-day remand.
After the remand period expired, the investigating agency produced him before the court but did not seek further remand, following which ACJM H S Khutwad sent him to judicial custody till November 25.
ACJM Khutwad today extended Solanki`s judicial custody till December 9.
The case was initially probed by Gujarat police, who had arrested six persons, including Shiva Solanki, nephew of the MP, and alleged sharp-shooter Sailesh Pandya who is accused of gunning down Jethwa outside the Gujarat high court on July 20, 2010.
However, the police had ruled out the possibility of Solanki`s involvement in the crime and gave him a clean chit, following which the slain activist`s father approached the high court.
The high court termed the police probe as "far from fair, independent, bona fide or prompt", and transferred the case to CBI.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried at Chandanwadi's Bada Kabristan in Mumbai
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened