BJP mulling national role for Narendra Modi?
Mumbai: Is the BJP preparing ground for Narendra Modi to be brought on the national scene? If reports are to be believed, yes.
According to sources, efforts are underway within the BJP to give the Gujarat Chief Minister a national role, ahead of the 2014 General Elections, keeping in mind his popularity and pro-development image.
Sources said that after the state elections in Gujarat later this year, Modi will embark on a national yatra.
Also, the party is mulling to include him back in the parliamentary board. It may be noted that Modi was removed from the party panel during the tenure of Rajnath Singh as party president.
The developments come a day after the BJP forced Modi’s detractor Sanjay Joshi to quit the party national executive in a bid to placate the leader and make him attend the national meet in Mumbai, which he eventually did.
The move also paved the way for an amendment of the BJP constitution so as to allow a second term for Nitin Gadkari as party president.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- 'Mann ki Baat': World is keen to know more about India, says PM Modi
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- BJP can give even Dawood Ibrahim a clean chit: Digvijay Singh
- India likely to rest MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli for Zimbabwe tour
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak