BJP mulling national role for Narendra Modi?
Mumbai: Is the BJP preparing ground for Narendra Modi to be brought on the national scene? If reports are to be believed, yes.
According to sources, efforts are underway within the BJP to give the Gujarat Chief Minister a national role, ahead of the 2014 General Elections, keeping in mind his popularity and pro-development image.
Sources said that after the state elections in Gujarat later this year, Modi will embark on a national yatra.
Also, the party is mulling to include him back in the parliamentary board. It may be noted that Modi was removed from the party panel during the tenure of Rajnath Singh as party president.
The developments come a day after the BJP forced Modi’s detractor Sanjay Joshi to quit the party national executive in a bid to placate the leader and make him attend the national meet in Mumbai, which he eventually did.
The move also paved the way for an amendment of the BJP constitution so as to allow a second term for Nitin Gadkari as party president.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...