BJP mulling national role for Narendra Modi?
Mumbai: Is the BJP preparing ground for Narendra Modi to be brought on the national scene? If reports are to be believed, yes.
According to sources, efforts are underway within the BJP to give the Gujarat Chief Minister a national role, ahead of the 2014 General Elections, keeping in mind his popularity and pro-development image.
Sources said that after the state elections in Gujarat later this year, Modi will embark on a national yatra.
Also, the party is mulling to include him back in the parliamentary board. It may be noted that Modi was removed from the party panel during the tenure of Rajnath Singh as party president.
The developments come a day after the BJP forced Modi’s detractor Sanjay Joshi to quit the party national executive in a bid to placate the leader and make him attend the national meet in Mumbai, which he eventually did.
The move also paved the way for an amendment of the BJP constitution so as to allow a second term for Nitin Gadkari as party president.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?