BJP mulling national role for Narendra Modi?
Mumbai: Is the BJP preparing ground for Narendra Modi to be brought on the national scene? If reports are to be believed, yes.
According to sources, efforts are underway within the BJP to give the Gujarat Chief Minister a national role, ahead of the 2014 General Elections, keeping in mind his popularity and pro-development image.
Sources said that after the state elections in Gujarat later this year, Modi will embark on a national yatra.
Also, the party is mulling to include him back in the parliamentary board. It may be noted that Modi was removed from the party panel during the tenure of Rajnath Singh as party president.
The developments come a day after the BJP forced Modi’s detractor Sanjay Joshi to quit the party national executive in a bid to placate the leader and make him attend the national meet in Mumbai, which he eventually did.
The move also paved the way for an amendment of the BJP constitution so as to allow a second term for Nitin Gadkari as party president.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!