BJP Parl Board meets at Modi`s residence to finalise nominees
Ahmedabad: Gujarat BJP Parliamentary Board met at the residence of Chief Minister Narendra Modi on the second day today to prepare final list of 26 candidates for upcoming polls.
Today`s meeting was focused on nine seats of North Gujarat, including Ahmedabad, and Gandhinagar, currently represented by the party patriarch LK Advani, sources said.
The Board met on Sunday to decide on nine candidates for South and Central Gujarat.
"On Wednesday, the board will discuss the probable names for remaining eight seats of Saurashtra and rest of Gujarat. The final panel of names of candidates will be then sent to Central Parliamentary Board for final approval," said BJP media convener Harshad Patel.
Besides Modi, state BJP in-charge Om Mathur, state unit president RC Faldu, all general secretaries of Gujarat BJP and several district representatives also attended the meeting.
The meeting is learnt to have discussed the reports submitted by observers on ideal candidates.
According to reports, the BJP`s PM nominee is likely to contest on two seats, one from his home state, in upcoming elections.
Out of 26 MPs Gujarat sends to Lok Sabha, BJP had won 15 seats and Congress 11 in 2009 elections.
Later, BJP won two by-elections, taking its tally to 17.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad