BJP refutes Manish Tewari`s allegations
Ahmedabad: The BJP on Monday termed as "baseless and politically motivated" the allegations levelled by Union minister Manish Tewari about the Gujarat State Petroleum Corporation`s (GSPC) deal with a foreign company.
"The Congress has invented a scam which does not exist. Contracts given or contracts cancelled are normally done with prior approval given by the Director General Hydrocarbons... Even in this matter it is so," said Nirmala Sitaraman, BJP spokesperson.
"This contract the Congress is talking about, was cancelled in 2010... Not a rupee was given on this count," she said.
Congress government`s Information and Broadcasting Minister Manish Tewari had demanded an answer from Chief Minister Narendra Modi today over a report alleging that his government gave a foreign company GeoGlobal Resourcing 10 per cent stake worth Rs 20,000 crore in a gas exploration project virtually for nothing. He posed a number of questions to Modi regarding the deal.
Gujarat government spokesperson Saurabh Patel, who is also a minister of state for energy, said in a statement that the GSPC informed the Director General Hydrocarbons in 2010 that the deal with GeoGlobal has been cancelled and they do not have 10 per cent participating interest anymore in the oil exploration of the Krishna Godavari Basin Deendayal Block.
"As no commercial production has been done from KG-OSN-2001/3 gas block so far, there is no question of giving any benefits to that company," Patel said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Know what Ranveer Singh has to say about Akshay Kumar
- A love story for Akshay Kumar in toilet? Details inside
- Wondering if Ranveer Singh is on board Deepika Padukone’s ‘Padmavati’? Details inside
- Saif Ali Khan finds Kareena Kapoor very sexy in 'Yeh Mera Dil' song
- Donald Trump demands special prosecutor to probe Hillary Clinton allegations