BJP seeks Gujarat Guv`s removal
New Delhi: BJP Monday submitted a request to President Pranab Mukherjee`s office seeking removal of Gujarat Governor Kamala Beniwal in the wake of a Jaipur magistrate asking police to investigate forgery and land grabbing charges against her.
BJP Secretary Kirit Sommaiya handed over documents to the Rashtrapati Bhawan secretariat to back his demand for Beniwal`s removal.
The governor has won the ire of the BJP following her differences with the Narendra Modi government on some issues.
In a letter addressed to Mukherjee, Somaiya said, "On November 21, 2012, the magistrate of Jaipur has ordered Jaipur police to initiate investigation for forgery and grabbing government land. The court has asked the police to submit the report in one month."
The probe order is against Beniwal and her organisation- Kisan Samuhik Krushi Sahakari Samiti based in Jaipur.
Earlier this year, BJP President Nitin Gadkari had led a party delegation to the then President Pratibha Patil demanding Beniwal`s removal citing another case. A Judicial Order for criminal action had been issued by an Additional Registrar, Jaipur on May 2, against Beniwal and her organisation.
Based on these two cases, Somaiya requested President Mukherjee to remove Beniwal from the post of governor.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Doomed EgyptAir flight broke up midair after fire: Report
- Pokemon Go daily used twice as much as Facebook
- Virat Kohli: Five incredible records set by India captain during 200-run knock
- In Gujarat, 95 of 100 suspects in crimes against Dalits acquitted
- Four people killed in Darjeeling building collapse