BJP set to win all 26 Gujarat Lok Sabha seats, says BJP leader
Vadodara: The BJP`s Gujarat unit is geared to win all 26 Lok Sabha seats from Gujarat after declaring Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi as its prime ministerial candidate, BJP`s Gujarat unit general secretary and chairman of the Gujarat Finance Board Vijay Rupani said on Wednesday.
Rupani was in the city to address a meeting of mayors and presidents of 41 civic bodies from Central Gujarat here today.
Reacting to a journalist`s statement that despite projecting senior BJP leader L K Advani as its prime ministerial candidate during the 2009 Lok Sabha polls, the BJP won only 15 out of 26 Lok Sabha seats in Gujarat then, Rupani said, "At that time Modi was was not projected as BJP`s prime ministerial candidate. The people of Gujarat are very excited and eager to see Modi becoming Prime Minister".
"We have chalked out our strategy keeping in mind how to defeat the designs and plans of the Congress and prevent it from winning any of the 26 Lok Sabha seats during the general elections in Gujarat," he said.
"We do not attach importance to threats by Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejariwal led Aam Aadmi party and Sharad Pawar led Nationalist Congress Party to put up their candidates for all the 26 seats, since both the parties have no base in Gujarat," he said.
He said that the Gujarat Finance Board`s annual budget has gone upto Rs 5500 crore from Rs 110 crores in 2001 after Modi took over the reins of Gujarat in 2001.
The board has been giving financial assistance to 159 local civic bodies and eight municipal corporations across Gujarat for carrying out various projects related to drinking water, drainage as well as road and toilet construction.
Each of the eight municipal corporations got financial assistance of Rs 500 crore from the board every year, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark