BJP should demand resignation of Modi, Shah: Gujarat Congress
Gandhinagar: Gujarat Congress on Tuesday said the BJP should demand resignation of Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi and general secretary Amit Shah from the party in the wake of alleged illegal snooping of a woman.
"If there is any morality left in BJP, the party must first ask Modi and Shah to resign in the same way as former leader Sanjay Joshi was `forced` to resign in the wake of alleged sex scandal," Leader of Opposition in Gujarat Assembly Shankarsinh Vaghela told reporters here.
Vaghela was referring to two investigative portals, Cobrapost and Gulail, which had claimed on November 15 that former Minister of State for Home and Modi`s close aide Amit Shah had ordered illegal surveillance of a woman at the behest of one "saheb".
They had released taped conversation purportedly between Shah and an IPS officer to back their claim, but said that its authenticity could not be confirmed.
Vaghela further said that whenever any scandal breaks out, BJP demands resignation of opposition MLAs or ministers on the grounds of morality.
"That is why, we are asking the BJP, if they have any morality left in the party, they should demand the resignation of Modi and Shah in the wake of illegal surveillance incident," the MLA from Kapadvanj said.
The party would organise protests and agitational programmes in case no action is taken against the two leaders.
Gujarat Congress chief Arjun Modhwadia said that a sitting Supreme Court judge should probe the alleged illegal surveillance of a girl.
He said the saffron party cannot get away saying that the surveillance was carried out in the interest of the girl.
"If the surveillance was in the interest of the girl and for providing security to her, why was it going on even in her bedroom. Why was the boy to whom she was engaged spied on? Why was suspended IAS officer Pradeep Sharma`s phone conversations tapped?" he asked.
Vaghela stated that the entire episode throws light on the real face of BJP and the party`s character and said Gujarat government has used state machinery for personal uses.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Check mahresult.nic.in for Maharashtra HSC Result 2015 to be announced at 1 pm on May 27
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi