BJP should win all seats in Guj to teach Congress lesson: Swamy
Ahmedabad: Declaring total support to the Narendra Modi-led BJP in Gujarat elections, Janata Party president Subramanian Swamy on Saturday said that BJP would win at least 140 of the 182 Assembly seats, but should aim to win all the seats to teach Congress a lesson.
"BJP should try and win all the 182 assembly constituencies to teach the Congress government (in the Centre) a lesson," Swamy said.
Asked about the controversy surrounding financial dealings of BJP national president Nitin Gadkari, Swamy said there should be an impartial investigation.
As to the corruption allegations against ministers in the Modi government, Swamy said it was the duty of the opposition Congress to demand investigation.
About the prospects of activist-turned-politician Arvind Kejriwal, Swamy said it was not easy to enter into politics, and Kejriwal had very little mass support.
Commenting on the imminent union cabinet reshuffle and expectation of induction of new faces by Congress, he said the taint of corruption would not erased by a mere change of faces. "Ravan had ten faces, but he also met with tragic end," he quipped.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed