BJP should win all seats in Guj to teach Congress lesson: Swamy
Ahmedabad: Declaring total support to the Narendra Modi-led BJP in Gujarat elections, Janata Party president Subramanian Swamy on Saturday said that BJP would win at least 140 of the 182 Assembly seats, but should aim to win all the seats to teach Congress a lesson.
"BJP should try and win all the 182 assembly constituencies to teach the Congress government (in the Centre) a lesson," Swamy said.
Asked about the controversy surrounding financial dealings of BJP national president Nitin Gadkari, Swamy said there should be an impartial investigation.
As to the corruption allegations against ministers in the Modi government, Swamy said it was the duty of the opposition Congress to demand investigation.
About the prospects of activist-turned-politician Arvind Kejriwal, Swamy said it was not easy to enter into politics, and Kejriwal had very little mass support.
Commenting on the imminent union cabinet reshuffle and expectation of induction of new faces by Congress, he said the taint of corruption would not erased by a mere change of faces. "Ravan had ten faces, but he also met with tragic end," he quipped.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Child critically injured as crude bomb explodes in Kolkata
- Indian govt signs historic Naga peace accord with NSCN(I-M)
- Delhi HC issues notice to Kejriwal govt on advertisement expenses
- Allahabad: Controversy over bar owner's appointment as Mahamandaleshwar
- FTII students stage protest at Jantar Mantar in Delhi
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites