BJP should win all seats in Guj to teach Congress lesson: Swamy
Ahmedabad: Declaring total support to the Narendra Modi-led BJP in Gujarat elections, Janata Party president Subramanian Swamy on Saturday said that BJP would win at least 140 of the 182 Assembly seats, but should aim to win all the seats to teach Congress a lesson.
"BJP should try and win all the 182 assembly constituencies to teach the Congress government (in the Centre) a lesson," Swamy said.
Asked about the controversy surrounding financial dealings of BJP national president Nitin Gadkari, Swamy said there should be an impartial investigation.
As to the corruption allegations against ministers in the Modi government, Swamy said it was the duty of the opposition Congress to demand investigation.
About the prospects of activist-turned-politician Arvind Kejriwal, Swamy said it was not easy to enter into politics, and Kejriwal had very little mass support.
Commenting on the imminent union cabinet reshuffle and expectation of induction of new faces by Congress, he said the taint of corruption would not erased by a mere change of faces. "Ravan had ten faces, but he also met with tragic end," he quipped.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Triple treat for Shah Rukh Khan fans in 2017 – Details inside
- Know what Ranveer Singh has to say about Akshay Kumar
- A love story for Akshay Kumar in toilet? Details inside
- Wondering if Ranveer Singh is on board Deepika Padukone’s ‘Padmavati’? Details inside
- Saif Ali Khan finds Kareena Kapoor very sexy in 'Yeh Mera Dil' song