BJP tinkered with EVMs, misused state machinery: Modhwadia
Ahmedabad: Gujarat Congress Tuesday alleged that the ruling BJP was misusing the state machinery by tinkering with the Electronic Voting Machines (EVMs) in the recently-held municipalities polls.
"The allegations that the BJP indulged in EVM tinkering have been proved by an incident in Bhachau taluka of Kutch district," state Congress chief Arjun Modhwadia said.
There were such complaints against BJP in the past as well, he said.
"BJP party workers in Bhachau had joined the Congress prior to the nagarpalika elections. As BJP was not going to win the polls, they resorted to EVM tinkering," he said.
"EVMs are sealed at polling booths before they reach the centres and are kept in strong rooms. However, BJP party workers conspired with the local administration to break open seals of 14 EVMs before placing it in the strong rooms," he alleged.
"As soon as local Congress workers came to know of the incident, they reached the spot and videographed the broken seals of EVMs and informed the State Election Commission (SEC) officials about the matter. They demanded that a police complaint was immediately lodged into the incident and a probe should be carried out," he said.
The SEC intervened and initiated investigation into the matter. Congress has demanded that probe should be completed immediately and counting of votes should be resumed as soon as possible, he said.
"We also demand that SEC should conduct a technical investigation into EVM tinkering by the BJP during elections," he said.
Meanwhile, on the water crisis in Saurashtra and North Gujarat, Modhwadia asked the state government to come out with a white paper on drinking water problems of Gujarat.
On the death of 25 cows in Kutch because of paucity of water availability, he said that there were three droughts in 1985, 1986 and 1987 when the Congress was in power but it did not allow a single cow to die because of lack of availability of water.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- Gujjars revive agitation for 5% quota in jobs, block rail track
- Manthan: Expert's tips to avoid stomach gas, constipation
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Wbbse.org 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th, WB MP Results 2015 to be announced today shortly
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha (MP) Results 2015 to be announced today at 10 AM
- Rajasthan Board RBSE 12th Inter Results 2015: BSER Ajmer (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in) Senior Secondary Class 12th Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today at 2 PM
- RBSE 12th Results 2015 (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in): Rajasthan Board BSER Ajmer Senior Secondary Class 12th XII Intermediate Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today on May 22
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- After land bill, net neutrality, Rahul Gandhi to fight for ex-servicemen now