BJP to raise black money issue in Parl: Advani
Vadodara: Senior BJP leader LK Advani on Monday
said his party would raise the issue of black money stashed in
foreign banks in the winter session of Parliament beginning
Addressing a public meeting here, Advani alleged that the
Union government was not taking any steps to bring back black
money even when many foreign countries had shown willingness
to disclose names of those who had parked money there.
He said that Swiss government has adopted Restitution of
Illegal Asset Act long time ago under which the Swiss
government would cooperate with respective governments in
returning money to the country. But the Indian government has
not taken any initiative in this regard, he alleged.
Advani also justified his decision on starting the Jan
Chetna Yatra from the birth place of Jayprakash Narayan in
Bihar saying it was to mark the birth anniversary of the great
Some news reports had earlier stated that he opted to
start the yatra from Bihar rather than Porbander, Mahatma
Gandhi`s birth place following differences with Modi.
Advani said his relationship with Modi is from the days
of Jan Sangh spreading over four decades while people of
Gujarat started knowing Modi ten years ago when he became
Advani showered praise on Modi saying he was honest and
hard working, and that is why his yatra was getting tremendous
response from people of Gujarat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH