BJP to take a call against dissidents at ‘right time’
Vadodara: BJP MP Balbir Punj today refused to comment on whether the party would take action against veteran party leader Keshubhai Patel and other dissident leaders, who have opened a front against Chief Minister Narendra Modi.
"Party takes decision whenever it is required," Patel told reporters here but refused to elaborate any further.
The dissidents have been criticising the style of functioning of Modi and former Chief Minister Keshubhai Patel has also submitted a letter to the BJP high command in Delhi against Modi.
In the city to launch demonstration and programmes on `Save Kashmir and Save democracy, Punj said "normalcy could return to Jammu and Kashmir only after return of 3.5 lakh Kashmiri pandits."
The increase in number of tourists visiting the J&K this year does not suggest return of normalcy in the state, Punj said.
Punj agreed that there has been a "decline in number of militant attacks in the state in recent months because the Pakistani government has reduced its support to the militants."
Not only that, the local Kashmiris have also stopped supporting the cause of militants, Punj said.
Punj criticised the interlocutors` report on Jammu and Kashmir and warned against any attempt on restoring pre-1953 status to Kashmir having autonomy, separate constitution, etc.
He, however, evaded questions on NDA`s presidential nominee P A Sangama joining the BJP.
To a poser, he said Modi was "Prime Minister material".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof