BJP wins 22, Cong 9 in Guj local bodies by-poll
Ahmedabad: In the by-elections for 32
seats in different local self governing bodies in Gujarat, BJP
today won 22 seats while Congress got nine and one went to an
"In the by-elections for eight seats in different
municipalities across the state, BJP won five, Congress got
two and one was bagged by an independent candidate," deputy
election commissioner R L Parmar said.
"Out of 20 seats of different taluka panchyats, BJP
won 14 while Congress got six and in the district panchayats
BJP bagged two while Congress managed to get one seat," he
A BJP candidate won the by-poll for Bapunagar ward of
Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation, he said.
"The election results have proved that people have
rejected Congress and once again reposed faith in the
leadership of Gujarat chief minister Narendra Modi," BJP
spokesperson I K Jadeja said.
Gujarat Congress chief Arjun Modhwadia, however, said
that Congress` voter base has increased in local bodies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- This is how online companies may be cheating you on discounts!
- Bihar Board Intermediate Result: BSEB 12th Result 2016 to be declared shortly
- Sadhguru to lead yoga session at UN on 2nd International Yoga Day
- Priyanka Chopra shares throwback pic of her nani on her 94th birthday! – View pic
- US military restricts troops after murder in Okinawa