BJP wins Surat West bypoll
Ahmedabad: The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) Sunday won Surat West bypoll in Gujarat.
Purnesh Modi of the BJP won by a lead of 68,284 votes against G.S. Patel of the Congress.
The by-election were held for Surat West constituency because of the death of siting legislator Kishor Wankawala, who was former vice president of the Gujarat state BJP.
Modi got a total of 86,029 votes, while Patel got 19,755. A mere 0.2307 percent of the voters used the `NOTA` option, said an official.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Crucial file on 'truth behind Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose's disappearance' destroyed in 1972
- Russian woman raped in Goa by guest house owner
- Nobody can portray Lakhan better than me: Anil Kapoor
- PHOTOS: How Mumbai Indians' captain Rohit Sharma celebrated his 29th birthday!
- Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim describes West Bengal's Garden Reach as 'mini-pakistan', draws flak