BJP wins Surat West bypoll
Ahmedabad: The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) Sunday won Surat West bypoll in Gujarat.
Purnesh Modi of the BJP won by a lead of 68,284 votes against G.S. Patel of the Congress.
The by-election were held for Surat West constituency because of the death of siting legislator Kishor Wankawala, who was former vice president of the Gujarat state BJP.
Modi got a total of 86,029 votes, while Patel got 19,755. A mere 0.2307 percent of the voters used the `NOTA` option, said an official.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees