BJP wins Surat West bypoll
Ahmedabad: The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) Sunday won Surat West bypoll in Gujarat.
Purnesh Modi of the BJP won by a lead of 68,284 votes against G.S. Patel of the Congress.
The by-election were held for Surat West constituency because of the death of siting legislator Kishor Wankawala, who was former vice president of the Gujarat state BJP.
Modi got a total of 86,029 votes, while Patel got 19,755. A mere 0.2307 percent of the voters used the `NOTA` option, said an official.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- UP elections: Mulayam Singh says he will campaign for son Akhilesh
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Virat Kohli vs Sachin Tendulkar: Who is a better cricketer? Read what Virender Sehwag has to say