BJP worker shot dead in Vadodara
Vadodara: A 38-year-old BJP worker was shot dead by some unidentified assailants at Kisanwadi area here, police said Thursday.
Kishore Godadi was attacked by assailants, who came in a car near the house of BJP corporator from the area Hitendra Patel, last night, they said.
"He was shot at repeatedly by the attackers and received injuries on his throat", said Patel, who rushed Godadi to hospital where he was declared brought dead.
Godadi was attacked when he was returning on his motorcycle after attending a meeting of local party workers organised by Patel at his residence, police said.
"We suspect involvement of several people in the crime and hope to get some clues soon", Police Commissioner Satish Sharma said.
Police are trying to ascertain the motive behind the killing.
The deceased was acquitted in a murder case some years back and was also associated with VHP and Bajrang Dal for some time.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened