BJP worker shot dead in Vadodara
Vadodara: A 38-year-old BJP worker was shot dead by some unidentified assailants at Kisanwadi area here, police said Thursday.
Kishore Godadi was attacked by assailants, who came in a car near the house of BJP corporator from the area Hitendra Patel, last night, they said.
"He was shot at repeatedly by the attackers and received injuries on his throat", said Patel, who rushed Godadi to hospital where he was declared brought dead.
Godadi was attacked when he was returning on his motorcycle after attending a meeting of local party workers organised by Patel at his residence, police said.
"We suspect involvement of several people in the crime and hope to get some clues soon", Police Commissioner Satish Sharma said.
Police are trying to ascertain the motive behind the killing.
The deceased was acquitted in a murder case some years back and was also associated with VHP and Bajrang Dal for some time.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- French President Francois Hollande rejects opposition calls to harden terror laws
- Apple talks services amid drop in iPhone sales, profit
- Apple quarterly profit slides 27% to $7.8 billion
- Hillary Clinton makes history as first woman White House nominee
- Venezuela government seeks to ban opposition over recall 'fraud'