BJP worker shot dead in Vadodara
Vadodara: A 38-year-old BJP worker was shot dead by some unidentified assailants at Kisanwadi area here, police said Thursday.
Kishore Godadi was attacked by assailants, who came in a car near the house of BJP corporator from the area Hitendra Patel, last night, they said.
"He was shot at repeatedly by the attackers and received injuries on his throat", said Patel, who rushed Godadi to hospital where he was declared brought dead.
Godadi was attacked when he was returning on his motorcycle after attending a meeting of local party workers organised by Patel at his residence, police said.
"We suspect involvement of several people in the crime and hope to get some clues soon", Police Commissioner Satish Sharma said.
Police are trying to ascertain the motive behind the killing.
The deceased was acquitted in a murder case some years back and was also associated with VHP and Bajrang Dal for some time.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash