BJP worker shot dead in Vadodara
Vadodara: A 38-year-old BJP worker was shot dead by some unidentified assailants at Kisanwadi area here, police said Thursday.
Kishore Godadi was attacked by assailants, who came in a car near the house of BJP corporator from the area Hitendra Patel, last night, they said.
"He was shot at repeatedly by the attackers and received injuries on his throat", said Patel, who rushed Godadi to hospital where he was declared brought dead.
Godadi was attacked when he was returning on his motorcycle after attending a meeting of local party workers organised by Patel at his residence, police said.
"We suspect involvement of several people in the crime and hope to get some clues soon", Police Commissioner Satish Sharma said.
Police are trying to ascertain the motive behind the killing.
The deceased was acquitted in a murder case some years back and was also associated with VHP and Bajrang Dal for some time.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Assembly elections: BJP likely to announce its first list of candidates for UP, Uttarakhand
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre