`BJP`s win in Gujarat, Himachal may advance Lok Sabha polls`
Mandi: BJP`s win in the forthcoming Assembly polls in Gujarat and Himachal Pradesh "could advance the dates of General elections", party leader Arun Jaitley on Sunday said here.
"BJP will form governments in Himachal Pradesh and Gujarat. And it will open doors for the party to form a government at the Centre," Jaitley said.
The outcome of polls in these two states might advance the dates of Lok Sabha polls, Jaitley said.
"The Congress would be routed out in the Lok Sabha polls due to its anti people polices and rampant corruption," he said.
He was addressing `Vijay Sankalap` rally at Kansa Chowk, 15 km from here, on the conclusion of two-day meeting of state executive of Himachal BJP.
He appealed to the BJP workers to work wholeheartedly for victory of the party in the November Assembly polls.
"The people of Punjab have rightly rejected the Congress. Electorate in Himachal and other states would also follow the same pattern and finally reject the UPA government`s dismal performance and corruption," he said.
Taking a dig at former union minister Virbhadra Singh, who resigned from the union cabinet recently, Jaitley said "the Congress party instead of sacking Virbhadra had nominated him as a chairman of Congress election campaign committee."
Jaitley also accused the Centre of misusing CBI to settle scores with political opponents.
The UPA was disintegrating and NDA would form the next government at the Centre, he claimed.
Addressing the rally, former Union minister Shanta Kumar said the UPA government was "corrupt an involved in mega scams" and many of its ministers and senior leaders had landed in prison for corruption.
Chief Minister PK Dhumal announced opening of two government degree colleges at Rewalsar and Nihri in Mandi district and said that both the colleges would become functional from this academic session.
BJP`s Rajya Sabha member and editor of English daily `The Pioneer`, Chandan Mitra, advocated for a model of development derived from Indian wisdom with a focus on poor.
"We should be clear that for whom we want the development.
Satisfaction of the poorest and maintaining the ecological balance should be the guiding spirit," he said while delivering the Foundation day lecture at Himachal University on "Development and Ideology".
The capitalist model with free marketing economy and socialist model envisaging greater role of the government have failed in removing the growing disparities, he said.
No borrowed model of development can be successful in India, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'